Every nine minutes, someone is diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Chances are great that someone you know will know someone else who has Parkinson’s. Offer them a way to make a difference by taking action with joining the Fighting Parkinson’s Step by Step 5k Walk/Run.
Step 1: Register for the Walk
Register for the Walk! We encourage all walkers to register and raise funds on behalf of the Parkinson’s Association of San Diego. Remember, donations support programs and serivces, as well as local research.
Step 2: Set up an Individual Fundraising Page
- After you register you are prompted to create a fundraising page.
- Customize the page to your liking. Enter a title for your page, set your fundraising goal and upload a main page photo.
- Tell your story and share your connection when you edit your fundraiser story. You can add text, pictures and links to the body.
- Find or join a team!
Step 3: Join or Create a Team
Join or create a team. There is strength in numbers. Team members are more likely to set and exceed their fundraising goal than non-team members. Connect with your family, friends and colleagues to work TOGETHER to raise funds for the Walk.
To create or join a team, click on the “My Team” button to edit your team page. Invite more team members to the team page by using your team URL at the top. Encourage your team members to fundraise and motivate them to reach your team goal!
Note: Donations from each team member’s personal page will be totaled onto your team page.
Step 4: Start Fundraising
- Set a Fundraising Goal
- Tell your Story, Add a Photo and Explain your Connection to the Walk.
- Set an Example. Make your own Donation.
- Share your story on Facebook and Twitter.
- Email your family and friends.
- View reports to track your individual/or team donations.
- Send a personal thank you and stay in touch with your donors.
- Have fun!